7 week Advanced Focusing course, online, in English, with Vera Rolfine Fryd Lyngmo
Prerequisite: Felt Sensing and With-Sensing-Training (Focusing and Listening Skills Certificate)
“The essence of working with another person is to be present as a living being. And that is lucky, because if we had to be smart, or good, or mature, or wise, then we would probably be in trouble. But, what matters is not that. What matters is to be a human being with another human being, to recognize the other person as another being in there.”(Gendlin 1990, p. 205)
This course is for you, if you:
- want to deepen your listening in a Focusing partnership,
- are interested in the relational side of Focusing partnership,
- want to deepen your listening as a helping professional,
- have been looking for ways to bring Focusing more into your everyday life,
- want to deepen your listening to yourself and to the life in you, and in your relationships.
Deepen and explore your listening to a Focusing partner, a client, or in your life, as a way of deepening your listening to yourself and to your surroundings.
Increase your presence and your “mindfulness” in your life through deepening your lstening in a Felt Sensing kind of way.
The main goal of this course is to become more confident that what is really needed in listening to another, is that you are there as you, however you are. That is: the simple complexity of just being a human being recognising the other person as another human being.
Why practice and deepen your listening to another person?
Listening to another person in a Focusing way, can also be about cultivating your presence in your own life. This includes your relationships, both to yourself and to others.
Hence, such practice can put us in contact with a different way of listening to the process in our personal and professional relationships, and even in our family.
Listening and tending inwardly increases our ways of being mindful, because we learn to listen for what is fresh, new and that which has life in it.
With Focusing partnerships as our starting point, we will:
- Learn and/or deepen the practice of landing in the “we-space”, and finding a fresh rhythm from there, together
- Explore saying “yes” to experience
- Explore the thought that maybe the words you say hardly count, because it’s the place inside, where the words come from, that makes the difference
- Deepen the practice of speaking from where the Focuser’s words “land” in your body
- Explore the difficult aspects of listening
- Explore the difference between being an uninvolved listener and being you
The course will include some passages from the philosophy of Eugene Gendlin.
Tuesdays, November 3, 10, 17, 24 and December 1, 8 and 15, 2020
at 10:00 am – 12.30 pm GMT+1 (Central European Time)
Prices and payment:
Early bird NOK 1800,- (until a week before the course starts)
Regular Price NOK 2000,–
Deposit :NOK 500,- to be paid upon registering, via PayPal paypal.me/gsfocusing1.
A minimum of 4 participants is required for the course to start
Maximum participants: 8-10
Welcome, let’s have fun!
What previous participants have said about the course:
“It was very clear how I can bring Focusing into everyday life.”
“I never thought about the relationship in the Focusing partnership before, in counselling I’m used to it, but now I also feel more aware about it in Focusing.”
“I am now experimenting with how to freshly meet my partner of 20 years.”