“Once your body is allowed to be itself, uncramped, it has the wisdom to deal with your problems”(Gendlin, Focusing, 1978, s. 75)
Focusing, or Felt Sensing, is a wonderfully friendly and non-judgemental body-oriented approach to self-discovery, self-compassion, other-compassion, and of tapping into your own inner voice. It was discovered by research into what change truly is, and can be used alone, in reciprocal partnerships, as part og counselling and therapy, or as an approach to life.
Please have a snoop around to see what I (Vera) have to offer! 🙂
Learn Felt Sensing
If you are looking to learn Felt Sensing/Focusing.
Advanced or advanced beginner
If you already know some Felt Sensing/Focusing, and want to go deeper.
- “Being a person with another person” – 7 week course for advanced Felt Sensers
- The joys and perils of guiding – 12 + 8 weeks – a two part advanced guiding and listening course – for Focusing and for client work
- “Staying with life topic over some time, with Felt Sensing” – 12 week course for advanced Felt Sensers
- “Let your body intepret your dreams” – 5 week course on Felt Sensing and dreams (Prerequisite: the two first courses of the Felt Sensing Training)
Read more about Felt Sensing/Focusing
If you want to read or watch more about Felt Sensing/Focusing
“Through Focusing I can feel that I really, deeply like myself” (S.)
“Focusing is a way for me to touch, know, and come to love some of the parts of myself that I have spent most of my life pushing away. . .” (J.)
“Focusing is a way to discover and honour my lived experience”. (M.)
“Life reaffirms itself every second. It makes everything fresh every second. It recreates the body and what the possibilities are; and we tend to fall back into the same fixed thing. But we don’t have to. Life reaffirms itself every second and you can touch that in your body“– Eugene Gendlin –
“I have always been impressed with Vera. Her warmth, integrity and depth of understanding of what it is to be human shine out of her. She also has a deep understanding of the Focusing process and is able to help others to find this life-changing method for themselves. Whether she is accompanying someone in their own personal journey or helping a group, she is unfailingly gentle and supportive. I am grateful Vera is both my colleague and my friend”
– Barbara McGavin, Certified Focusing Coordinator and developer of Inner Relationship Focusing with Ann W. Cornell.
“I am a great fan of Vera! She truly ‘gets’ focusing, and her ability to share it with others in simple, creative ways is a delight to witness. I find her light and friendly approach combined with the depth of her understanding of the process very inspiring and have no hesitation in recommending her courses and 1 – 1 sessions to anyone wishing to learn focusing or deepen their experience.”